13262538

I was married to a Filipina in Las Vegas and this was

I was married to a Filipina in Las Vegas and this was recognised by the UK Embassy and Dubai authorities following the birth of our son now 16 years old) I now want to retire in the Philippines and as a husband this would not be a problem, except they do not recognise our marriage. I am advised there that I need to marry again in the Philippines, but in order to do this I need a letter stating I am free to marry! I am not certain of whom if anyone is likely to give me such a document. Please can you advise if a solicitor is the right direction.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Why dis your spouse not Register the marriage at her Embassy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did not give it any thought at the time, subsequently we have tried to register our sons birth retrospectively at the Philippine Embassy in the UAE but that has gone nowhere for over two years, another reason why we feel getting married again will solve not only my retirement but also our sons status there (he holds a British Passport but has been there on annual visas because his mother is local.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

has your wife tried to Register her marriage at the Embassy here in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No as she is currently residing in the Philippines, I am in UK looking for employment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has also been refused a settlement visa to enter UK as I was working in the Middle East at that time
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You will not be able to obtain a certificate of no impediment to a marriage as you ARE married.

What needs to happen is for your marriage to be Registered at the Philippine Embassy here in the UK - or in am Embassy elsewhere

https://londonpe.dfa.gov.ph/consular-matters/civil-registry-certification

Please ask if you need further details