Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have covenanted in my lease 'To keep the Property .....in

I have covenanted in my lease 'To keep the Property .....in a good state of repair and condition and in particular .....the whole of all windows .....and their frames comprised in the Flat'
The block is currently undergoing external redecoration and repair and I have been advised that one of my sashes need to be replaced and that I am liable for the cost (£550).
I have in no way caused the rotting of the wooden frame. Must I pay this?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I trust that you have a long term Lease, rather than you just renting the property for 12 months or so?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
expires 2109