29905560

I am visiting the USA in October. I have been fined and

I am visiting the USA in October. I have been fined and given points on my license for failure to produce driving documents.
Do I have to apply for a visa or can I enter under the visa waiver scheme ? I am a UK citizen.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. Were you arrested at the time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I had an argument in motorway standstill with a cyclist who hit my mirror while drinking between cars. He shouted he would 'get me' and months later received a court sheet asking me to plead by post as for failure to produce driving documents which I never received.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Generally as a British citizen you would be entitled to travel visa free to the USA unless you have been convicted of a crime of moral turpitude or you have ever been arrested. As you were jot arrested your only issue is if the crime in your case was one which amounted to a crime of moral turpitude. What you did was a minor crime and not one which is included in the list or definitions of crimes of moral turpitude. The driving offences that would be included are if you were guilty of drunk or reckless driving or driving without a valid licence. You only failed to provide your driving documents when asked and that would not be included and as such you would be able to apply for the ESTA visa-free travel option to the USA.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.