12826847

Driving yrs at first my medical condition (which I had when

Driving for 20 yrs at first my medical condition (which I had when I started driving) was not listed as dvla reportable condition and since then I never checked the list and foolishly I have always ticked No to this q on insurance applications without checking. I have today realised that it is and I need approval from dvla. How is the best way of fixing this to minimise repercussions now and in future. I am thinking stop driving and cancel my insurance send paperwork to dvla await approval and then reapply stating have never been refused or had insurance cancelled? Many thanks.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

So, in short, you should have notified and you have not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

How long have you known about it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I realised today when i overheard a conversation which made me realise it is probably on the list.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I meant about the condition?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I have known about my Narcolepsy for approx 24 years I can't recall the exact date.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok.

There is nothing you can do about the fact that you didn't disclose earlier.

All you can do is put it right now. If you disclose it to them then it might well not be discovered that you knew about it for years and did not disclose it. Half the time they do not notice.

It also may well not be of a type of that engages their interest.

They may revoke your licence immediately while they investigate. That is a common response from the DVLA as road safety is paramount. That doesn't mean they won't concede in the end though.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you obviously I wont be driving now that I know.
Many thanks.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You might well be.

They may not revoke.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll err on the side of caution this time asI don't think my nerves can take it!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the first time I have used the site is there anything further I need to do to enable the payment to go through ?