12826847

I live in an HMO and I am being harassed by other occupants

Customer Question

Hi, I live in an HMO and I am being harassed by other occupants without any proper ground. Is it possible to get an injunction against this since it poses a health and safety risk to myself and the other occupants because I suffer from Chronic Psychotic Depression, anger management problem, and other mental health issues?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Are you being harassed by other occupants or one occupant in particular? What is the nature of the harassment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a couple. I don't know which one of them in particular, if any. They raising baseless allegations against me. Also demanding that I do things for them when I have no obligation to do what is being asked. I want to keep myself to myself for health and safety. However, they are not understanding of this disability need.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in a fully self-contained unit. So any interaction with them is unnecessary. If there is any complaints, they can raise it with the landlord. Shouldn't this be sufficient ground?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

I need a bit more to go on please.

Allegations such as what?

What are they demanding you to do?

How often?

How are they demanding?

Why can’t you just ignore them?

What are the complaints they are making?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are a lot of questions that require particulars of the case. I am working on a formal set of statements of this case submittable to a court. I'll get back to you once this is done.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Best wishes.

FES