75100385

I joined an internet dating service, online, having just

I joined an internet dating service, online, having just come back to UK from France after 15 years, in November 2015. I paid by Barclaycard, £59.95 for 6 months subscription. The site was very poor and I stopped using it after several weeks and considered myself to have made a mistake and lost the fee paid. In May 2016 they have debited my account again for a further 6 months for the same amount. I contacted them and they just quote that the T&C's state that unless I expressly request account termination, prior to the renewal, they continue to debit the 6 month fee. I have requested a refund but they just state the T&C's. Do I have a case to appeal regarding the second payment?
Yours Sincerely
Tony Sharpe ***@******.***
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Tony my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Was this Barclaycard credit or debit card please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Alex,This was via Barclaycard, credit card. RegardsTony Sharpe
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok Tony complain to them. This is a credit card to they are jointly liable under S.75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

If they are they are the terms then under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 you can say the terms are unfair.

How can they just charge another 6 months without you agreeing?
But complain to Barclaycard, say its been made without permission and you want to charge it back.

Barclaycard will investigate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You Alex. I will mail them but am sure they will state that the ongoing debit was in the original terms that I agreed to, which of course I did not read. I will write to Barclaycard on your suggestion. Thank you.RegardsTony