F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.

Non-profit organization, I am looking laws reference numbers

Customer Question

For a non-profit organization, I am looking for the laws reference numbers and quotes of the UK, german, italian and french
1. copyright laws (in each of the 4 countries) protecting original design and arts: where it's written that it is forbidden (also for non-commercial internal use) to copy the design (via photo or duplicating the photo) of a unique original fashion item due to the automatic copyrights of its designer.
2. intellectual properties photography and publishing laws (in each of the 4 countries): where it's written that it is forbidden (also for non-commercial internal use) to copy a printed / published fashion item photo, protected by the book or magazine who printed it, and / or the photographer or photo rights holder.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i wait
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 3 months ago.

I can answer your question with regard to UK law and to an extent, US law, but with regard to Germany Italian and French, you would need to put a question on the relevant part of this site.

The statutory provision in the United Kingdom is the Copyright Design and Patent Act 1988. There are also here registered design rights to consider, unregistered design rights (which exist purely because it was designed by someone), trademarks and any patents although the latter are unlikely to apply to a fashion item. There is no absolute need in the United Kingdom to register a design right because all that’s needed is proof that it was designed by a particular person. Copyright exists simply by virtue of the fact that the work of art was done by the person and all they need do is prove that they did it and when.

With regard to the United States, Copyright does not exist unless it is registered.

Please don’t forget to rate the service positive. It’s an important part of the process by which experts gets paid.

Best wishes.