Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Term time only sick pay, yes I employ a member of staff to

term time only sick pay
JA: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: yes I employ a member of staff to work part time 38 weeks of the year term time only. This is the second time she has taken sick leave two weeks before the summer holidays. I pay the holidays over the year ie 2 weeks xmas, 2 weeks summer 1 week easter plus bank hols. she will be entitled to 1 week sick pay before hols but what do I do in the hols as I only usually pay 2 weeks not 6, hope you understand this
JA: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor who specialises in employment law and I am happy to help you today. How long has she worked for you for and what is the nature of the sickness?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has worked for me for around 7 years and she has fallen off a chair at home and hurt her ankle. I donot usually pay her any more than 2 weeks in the school holidays and would assume that as she is not contracted to work for the 5 remaining weeks she would not be entitled to sick pay as she is off anyway ., however I do not want to be wrong thankyou
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.

Hi that's right if that is how she is paid, if she is not normally entitled to pay for the remaining 5 weeks then you will not have to pay her sick pay for that period.

If you have any further questions please do ask.

If have answered your question I would be grateful if you would be so kind as to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.