How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Harris Your Own Question

Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1774
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I currently part own a house with my live in partner.

Customer Question

Hi there. I currently part own a house with my live in partner. Together we have 2 sons. He has a daughter he doesn't see to someone else. He hasn't been working and isn't in receipt of any benefits so therefore hasn't been making any contributions to the CSA. He has been keeping them up to date with his circumstances and they said fine.... just let us know if ur circumstances change. Then 2 days ago sheriff officers issued him with a court summons with 14 days to pay £1800. There is no way this is possible so they said what will happen is they will make him bankrupt and auction the house. Is this correct? They can make me and my sons homeless. Surely l have rights to the house?
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. What is the summons for and has he seen a copy of the application?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The summons is a charge for payment on a liability order of the child support act. He has a copy here they left with him
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've sent a copy of the summons he was issued with...
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 5 months ago.

Sorry I have not received a copy of the summons.

Has there ever been a child maintenance calculation in the past?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There was yrs ago and he had been making payments until he had to give up work to care for his parents. Dad is now dead and his mum is in care. He now stays at home looking after our youngest while l work part time. Makes more sense rather than pay for childcare
Expert:  Harris replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately, if he had not informed them of his change of circumstances and they did not update their calculation he would still be liable to pay based on the original calculation.

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for, but if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you,

Expert:  Harris replied 5 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Last | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions