Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My mother died a year and a half ago. She left a house which

My mother died a year and a half ago. She left a house which has just been sold. My share of the house is £45,300. I live in Denmark and do not know the rules of inheritance tax in the U.K. Could you help me please.
Thank you, ***** ***** Susan.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Was she in England or Wales?

-What is the size of your mother's estate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was in England
The estate was £136,167.75
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Due to the size of the estate being less than £325,000 there is no IHT to pay.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help and your very quick reply.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you - I hope it goes well. If you have any questions in the future you can ask for me directly by starting your question For Harris