ukvisasolutions
ukvisasolutions, Solicitor
Experience:  Immigration Solicitor
85266915

My friend was born in Poland. She is 17years old, however

Customer Question

Hi my friend was born in Poland. She is 17years old, however she moved to the UK in August 2009 with full education in the UK. Is she able to apply for a Bristish passport? Currently she is holding a Republic of Poland ID card.
Expert:  ukvisasolutions replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your query.

Before your friend can consider applying for a British Passport, she first needs to apply for permanent residence and this rule came into force on 12 November 2015.

Once she gets her permanent residence, then she can proceed with applying for a British Passport. She needs to ensure that she complies with the requirements for a Permanent Residence.

The application she needs to complete is:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-for-a-document-certifying-permanent-residence-or-permanent-residence-card-form-eea-pr

Please kindly rate my answer.