12826847

I own a flat in London, NW11. My tenure in the flat is

Customer Question

I own a flat in London, NW11. My tenure in the flat is leasehold, plus share of the leasehold. The landlord has granted the tenants of the long lease a share of the freehold by means of a company owned by the tenants, which has a 999 year lease. This was granted in 1974. Unfortunately, one of the company secretaries of the block of flats is a bit of a con artist. Today he sent me a document called a covenant. To me, it looks very much like a fake. I say this for the following reasons. 1] The name of the landlord is different to that of the landlord of the long lease. 2] It does not have any numbers on it and is not a document from the deeds office. There is no signature on the document, except a certain name. There is a name apparently of a solicitor, but no stamp, signature or formal letterhead. How can I find out if the document is a fake or not?
If it concerns a search of the deeds registry, then could you advise me how to do it.
I live in South Africa and do not know how to conduct a deeds search in the UK lands registry. Kindly advise
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you not have a uk solicitor that deal with the transaction for you to complete this when it was done?