31090051

I have inherited a 1/4 share of a deceased person's estate -

Customer Question

I have inherited a 1/4 share of a deceased person's estate - which includes a house - with the other 3/4s going to his daughter who lives in Australia. The solicitor who is the executor has put the house on the market without consulting either me or the daughter. Can he do this? (We both believe it iis being put on sale for less than its true value.)
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

The executor doesn't have to consult with the beneficiaries about this. However he is bound to try to achieve the best price for the property and if he doesn't the beneficiaries would have a claim for any losses. You should perhaps take advice on what the correct asking price should be. Happy to discuss. Pleas leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.