75100385

I have been informed recently that my 3 July weeks at the

I have been informed recently that my 3 July weeks at the Regency Country Club Tenerife,purchased at the end of November 2010 "in perpetuity" i.e. for more than 50 years would now be ruled as not legal by a Spanish Court, resulting in a reclaim on the purchase price for this timeshare. Is this true?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Potentially yes.

In the case against the Gran Canaria-based Anfi Group, the judge ruled that “in perpetuity” clauses broke a Spanish law which states that no timeshare agreement signed after January 15 1999 can last more than 50 years. This rendered the whole contract invalid, and the court ordered Anfi to refund all payments as well as interest and legal fees.

Under current rules, the Timeshare Directive implemented by member states in January 2011, provides protection for consumers who signed up to timeshares after this date.

Please see:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/money-saving-tips/11616223/Timeshare-horrors-fresh-hope-for-100000-people-locked-in-costly-contracts.html

http://www.timeshareconsumerassociation.org.uk/2015/03/10/perpetuity-is-illegal-in-spanish-timeshare/