29905560

Ben i have been issued a reference number from acas to apply

Customer Question

hi ben i have been issued a reference number from acas to apply for tribunal certificate what are my next steps .the company has so far ignored any concilliations and so i wish to proceed i am hoping by getting a tribunal date it may make them see they cannot just ignore what i regard as a serious matter
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, if you have a reference number from ACAS and you have been unable to reach an agreement with the employer then your only option is to issue a claim in the employment tribunal. You can do so here:

https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunals/make-a-claim

You will need your reference number. Once the claim is issued your ex-employer will be notified by the tribunal that a claim has been made against them and they will have 28 days to defend it. A hearing date will eventually be set and the matter will be heard in front of a judge.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have just had an email inviting me to a meeting with my former employer if I wish to present information for him to investigate more I am no longer at work and I strongly think they have been advised by the firm they are using I am worried about what to do and what can come out of this meeting they never mentioned this to acas during meetings to concilliate
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

hello what is the purpose of the meeting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has said if I wish to have it investigated further but they had the facts and statements and did nothing
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

at this stagr you are not in any way obliged to engage with them and have any investigation carried out by them. It is entirely up to you if you wanted to do so but that will not affect the tribunals process in any way and most importantly - you need to ensure that you adhere to the deadlines for making a claim. So if you have given them the opportunity to do all of this before and they never did, it may be a bit too little too late now

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben they are saying if I did not attend that they would consider the appeal is withdrawn
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

it is not a legal requirement to appeal. So if you have no confidence in their appeals procedure or the outcome and you do not wish to take this further internally then you do not have to engage with them. At the same time you have nothing to lose by proceeding with the appeal if you wanted to give it one last shot but as mentioned remember not to miss any deadlines with the tribunal in the meantime