75100385

Can I link to news stories/pages from my website in this

Can I link to news stories/pages from my website in this format: The photo provided with the relevant story, a headline, the first paragraph or words of the story and a link saying "Read more" - which links to the story?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know how long it will take?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I'm afraid JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time, however most questions are answered in a timely manner.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please continue. I do need the answer as quickly as possible but cannot continue with what I am doing until I have it
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Is there anything on the website you are using the pictures which says you can not please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, pleased to meet you.
I intend to use a lot of News websites like the BBC, Daily Mail, The Guardian, The Independent etc. Each of these sites are subscription-free and you don't have a pay wall to enter them. Each site also puts their stories in the public domain.
I read somewhere that a law was passed in 2014 that stated that you could link to these sites from your own website, so long as the website doesn't demand payment from its users/subscribers.
I need to know as a general law: can I link from my website to specific news stories/pages on different newspaper websites in the UK and possibly international sites too?
I want to use the linking format as described in my initial question on this thread.
Liam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just need clarification before I carry on with my work,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

That is correct. If its freely available you are entitled to link and promote it Liam

So yes, you can do what you propose.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please just confirm that I can link to a newspaper website story/page that doesn't require subscription fees in this format: I can borrow and display (on my website) their headline for the link; borrow and display (on my website) the website's story's photograph for the link; and borrow and display (on my website) the first paragraph of the newspaper's website story for the link; and link to the specific news story on the newspaper's website with just a "Read more..." Link at the end?Please see attached file for an example of what I mean
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes that is fine. Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is great thanks!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just rated you.
Can I just confirm also that once I have put that story as a link of my website, that that story can then be linked onto social media as my own website story? For example: the post in social media will have: the headline; the photo; and the caption; but underneath it will say my website's name www.veggierated.co.uk. When they click the link to read the story, it will first go to my website and then the user will click "Read More" and go to the newspaper's website?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Correct. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alex, I feel much better that I won't be breaking any laws with this ��