Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I have ex treasurer of a bowles club who defruaded the

i have ex treasurer of a bowles club who defruaded the club,he owes us approx £1200,and is now selling he,s house and moving abroad,how can we put a hold on the house.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear Louis, you need to first get a judgment against this man and then attach it to his house. The law does not grant an organisation, such as your bowls club the right to attach a debt claim against a house without first getting judgment against this man. I would suggest you see a solicitor and get proceedings issued as soon as possible. Be aware that you will also be able to sue him for any consequential loss the club might have suffered as a result of the fraud. However, attaching the house is only possible if you first get judgment.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.