12826847

My mum passed away in September leaving her partner in the

Customer Question

My mum passed away in September leaving her partner in the house which was in her name. She left a will with me the named one. On the will it states that he can stay in the house as long as he dosnt cohabit or get married. We have found out that he has moved a lady in. What I want to now is where we stand can we ask the lady to leave or even him to leave. And are we by law aloud a key for the house as it also states that we are aloud to inspect the house when we want.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I ams sorry for your loss.

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Have you obtained Probate of the Will?

How long had they lived together and what is the exact wording of the Will regarding the house

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says that he is allowed to remain in the property as long as he wishes BUT ON THE UNDERSTANDING he does not marry or cohabit with any other person that he keeps the said property fully insured and in a good state of repair and condition and paying all outgoings in the same and insured to the full value thereof against Loss or damage by fire and such other risks as my trustees shall from time to time direct PROVDED FUTHER THAT my trustees shall be under no obligation to inspect the property at any time during the lifetime until marriage or cohabitation.They were together for 31 years and no I've not obtained probate of the will yet.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How much is the house worth and what other assets are there in the estate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
163;115.000. No there is no more assets just the house. Thanks