JG_Legal
JG_Legal, Barrister
Experience:  Experience of consumer law, financial regulation and criminal law.
79731440

My brother is accused of physical aggression against s girl

Hi my brother is accused of physical aggression against his girl friends his hearing is in an hr with a private lawyer from hagowel ( probably not. A good firm) she said she will get him out on bail most likely . I would like to appoint the best lawyer on this case.
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.

I'm a criminal defence barrister. I can help with this.

However, first, can you please clarify your question. I don't know what you're asking.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the best option at hand ?
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like your brother was charged yesterday and this is his first appearance at the magistrates court. He will be asked to enter a guilty or not guilty plea. If he enters a guilty plea he will be likely sentenced in 3 weeks time. If he enters a not guilty plea his lawyer will fill out a PET form (preparation for effective trial). His trial will most likely be in 2 months or so.

In any event, he will want bail. The most important consideration, without knowing any facts, is that he is able to give the court a bail address to live while he is on bail - an address where his girlfriend does not also reside.

Expert:  replied 1 year ago.

What do you want advice on?