12826847

In April 2015, I drove through Datrford Crossing and paid

Customer Question

In April 2015, I drove through Datrford Crossing and paid the "toll charge" of £2/50 on the following day to Dart Charge by credit card. According to the credit card statement, the transaction was completed on the following day when Dart Charge was credited with the funds and also stated the transaction reference number. A year later, I received a demand letter demanding that this toll charge relating to the same date in April 2015. I replied that I have already paid the charge and sent a copy of the Credit Card statement. However Dart Charge sent me a "Warning Letter" that I must pay the PCN of £70 failing which the matter will be referred to the Courts. In reply, I required Dart Charge to check the transaction and respond to me within 14 days. This period has now expired and they have failed to reply. Also, I mentioned that if I do not hear from them within 14 days, I shall refer the matter to you. Please advice me on the next step. Grateful thanks,
M. Ruthra-Rajan
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What are you hoping to do about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I require Dart Charge to check the transaction which is clearly printed in the Credit Card Statement that £2/50 has been paid to Dart Charge. They failed to check and now demanding PCN charge of £140 failing which a case will be filed in the Courts. A draft letter would be helpful or please advice what I should do next. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I have a draft letter please via my email address. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know the current status of your response to this query. Thanks