chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

A removals van drove into my car last week and I'm having

A removals van drove into my car last week and I'm having problems with the owner of the company in terms of how much he feels he should pay for the repair. The estimate that I have is for £1400. He says he could get it repaired for £500! He doesn't want to claim on his insurance and wants to pay cash. I have said I will get another estimate for comparison, but I can't see it being anywhere near £500. Where do I stand with this issue? I really don't have time running around for more estimates. I just want my car repaired to the highest standard as possible as it was perfect before it was driven into.
Marc
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest that you contact your insurance company and notify them of the accident. You should also pass the details of the vehicle and company to them and they should do the rest.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards