chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Please can you help me with this question. I had made a

Hi There
Please can you help me with this question.
I had made a website and used images from another company by accident. They found the website and told me It was a breach of copyright and trademark. They asked me to stop so I have taken the website down. The website didn't make any money and it was only live for just over 24 hours.
Are there any other consequences I might expect? As I am quite worried.
Craig
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately Derek copyright laws, you may have to account and deliver up any profits you have made from the use of the photos. However, if you have now taken the website down, I would be surprised if any further action would be taken as it would require legal and court costs to be incurred.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,Thank you for your quick replyYes I have taken the website down. The only thing I worry about is that the other company probably won't know that no money was made from it. Do you think they will pursue it? Should I let them know that no sales came of it?Kind regardsCraig

Hi Craig,

They would write to you and ask you to provide accounts etc if they were to take that course of action.

I would be surprised if they would take any further action if the website has now been removed and you are no longer using the pictures.

kind regards

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ThereI would still like to sell the product which is a musical instrument called a 'hand pan' will make these instruments and brand them. We will certainly use only our own images for the new website.The other company is called panart and they have a patent for a special material and a special method. Could I still make the handspans (as many others do) with my own method and different material?Kind regardsCraig

I believe that you could, provided you are not copying a patented item.

Any images used must be your own.

kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ThereThank you for your help it really is much appreciatedI will certainly rate your response excellentThank youCraig