Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Dear to your answer-The previous owner was the ghway

Dear Buachaill Follow up to your answer-The previous owner was the Highway Authority- until the land was Stopped up- it has never been in the ownership of the applicant who obtained the Planning Permission. Do I now under stand that ownership is transferred to the applicant who obtained the Planning & Stopping up permissions? After his application for Adverse Ownership was withdrawn?? Best regards P.M.H.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear P.M.H, The only way the ownership can be transferred to the applicant would be if the Highway Authority sold the land to him. Otherwise, once he has withdrawn his adverse possession claim, he does not own the land. A stopping up permission does not give any claim to ownership. The land remains in the ownership of the Highway Authority.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Please Rate the answer to this Question and the other question I answered today for you as unless you Rate the answer your Expert does not receive payment for answering your questions.