12826847

I am a Nursing Auxilliary working in an NHS palliative care

Customer Question

I am a Nursing Auxilliary working in an NHS palliative care unit. I have entered into a romantic relationship with an ex patient I cared for December 2014 to February 2015. He has Motor Neurone Disease. I was friends with him (as per his request for me to keep in touch when he moved to a care home - he is my age, 40) between then and now with a few months we didn't speak as his estranged wife (whom he met August 2015, married October 2015 and left April 2016) didn't want us to stay friends. The romantic relationship began at the end of his marriage when he moved back here May 2016.
His estranged wife is very vindictive and has tried to lose his Mother her job as she assaulted her (true), and also received money for her son at work (true). An anonymous email was sent to Jamies Mums work. This attempt was unsuccessful. She sent me a nasty email telling me to watch my back and the next thing I hear is that I am to be subject to an Investigative interview at work due to inappropriate emails I purportedly sent to my ex patient. She will have copied of emails I sent to Jamie.
I am not sure where to go to for advice on how best to defend myself. I would prefer if possible to keep my job. I love doing what I do.
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.

I'm a barrister practising in London. I think I can assist.

What have you been accused of? What was the content of the messages? When did you send exchange the messages?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get in touch with my manager to see if I can get a copy of the complaint raised against me
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.

Please do