12826847

Not sure if this is an immigration law question but I'll

Customer Question

Hello, not sure if this is an immigration law question but I'll try! I am a US citizen who has lived in the UK and Spain for many years. Due to double taxation I owe taxes in the USA, and over the last few years have not had the means to pay it. Recently, the US passed a law giving the IRS the possibility to ask for the revocation of passports of people who owe more than $50k in back taxes (which I do). I do not know if my passport has been revoked or not, but I need to travel to the UK for business and have no idea if it will be an problem for me. My current passport, if not revoked, is valid until 2024. I don't know if UK Border checks to see if my passport is revoked or not? Again, I don't know if it has (and have no idea how to check it!!). Many thanks!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's ok. Many thanks
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a US passport?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do. It's my only passport. My wife is an eea national and we lived in the uk for around four years prior to moving to Spain in 2014