Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

Paperwork CCJ was sent to an old address. The debt collector

Hi, paperwork for a CCJ was sent to an old address. The debt collector didn't have my partner's new address but they did have his mobile phone number and email address and didn't contact him to ask for his new address. We would have paid the debt before it went to court if we had known about it. We have paid it now but do we have grounds to ask for it to be removed from record?
JA: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: P
aperwork for a CCJ was sent to an old address. The debt collector didn't have my partner's new address but they did have his mobile phone number and email address and didn't contact him to ask for his new address. We would have paid the debt before it went to court if we had known about it. We have paid it now but do we have grounds to ask for it to be removed from record?
JA: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. What is the date of the Judgment? Did you pay it within 28 days? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's dated 03/06 and we have paid it today - the first we knew about it.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I am afraid you are out of time to have it removed from your credit record entirely - you must pay within 28 days in order to do this. The only way to have it removed entirely now would be to have it set aside - do you admit the debt? What you can do is have the debt marked as satisfied on your credit record which will improve any damage done to your credit score - http://www.trustonline.org.uk/understand-judgments-fines/ccjs-and-county-courts/certificate-of-satisfaction-satisfied-vs-unsatisfied-ccjs - Kind regards AJ