75100385

The police have told me that a blood test has been returned

The police have told me that a blood test for alcohol has been returned just under the limit but now want to do a back calculation. Do I have to speak to them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have corrisponded with a PC via text message plus he left me a voicemail explaining that the test was under the limit and that he would be sending a letter that I have not received. He has visited my home but I have been out at the time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a crash in a company car so was taken to hospital and this is when the blood test was taken about six hours after the accident. He has also been in contact with my employer telling them that I have moved house and have been prolonging the investigation in to an alleged offence of drink driving.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You don't have to say anything to them. They have to prove their case on the available evidence. Usually a back calculation is only done is serious injury or fatal cases.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The police officer has insisted that he speaks to me and told my employer the same. Because of what he has said to my employer I have been suspended from work on full pay pending the result of the police investigation, when he attempts contact again should I just say "no comment"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was alone in the car when I had the crash and no one else was involved
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the accident happened in England not Scotland
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, your question was posted to Scotls law. I will have to opt out and refer to an English colleague. Don't respond to this post. Someone will be with you shortly.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

I see my colleague has opted out, do you still need help ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please, can you answer the above,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You don't have to talk to them. But they can use the blood sample to get a BAC calculation.

If it went to court they would have to prove beyond doubt you were over the limit.

Have people been convicted on this - yes. But they still have to prove it.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience