75100385

Our daughter's single sex, independent school gave 3 weeks

Customer Question

Our daughter's single sex, independent school gave 3 weeks notice that they were amalgamating with another co-ed school, that has a very different educational ethos. Having advised the school that this was not the education we had signed up to and moved our daughter, the school is saying that we are still liable for a term's fees.
It is apparent that the school has known of their difficulties since mid 2015 but did not advise parents at the time. We have moved because of the lack of transparency, mismanagement and our belief that they cannot provide the same level of service that we expect. Both my daughter and wife are very upset over the matter. Are we still liable for a full terms fees?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Does the contract have a termination clause please?
What does it say about mergers etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, my number is ***** 174183. There is a contractual clause on termination. I'm just about to get off a train so available in 5 mins. Many thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sure.