Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I have been refused twice spouse UK visa and have applied

Customer Question

I have been refused twice for a spouse UK visa and have applied for spouse visa in ireland under the EEA directive route. It has been 9 months and still have had no reply fro the irish immigration. now that the UK has voted leave from the EU i think ireland route would be difficult now. if i apply from the UK again under the carers allowance route what would be my chances for the visa as i already have been knocked back twice in the UK or is it still best to leave ireland application with the imi=migration?
Expert:  ukvisasolutions replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your query.

At present, the UK is not out of Europe, the EU law still applies. At present, there is an increase in EEA applications in Ireland which is causing delays. I would suggest that you write to the Irish authorities for an update.

You have not stated why your spouse visa was refused twice, but I am assuming it was because of the financial requirement not being met.

You state that you want to come under the carers allowance route. I am presuming that your wife is caring for someone in the UK.

To meet this requirement, I suggest that you read the following guidance from the Home Office:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/452967/IDI_Adequate_Maintenance_and_Accommodation_Appendix_FM_Annex_1_7A.pdf

Please kindly rate my answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First time i was refused was because i didnt meet the £18,600 threshold and second time it was refused even though i did meet the threshold and everything was according to the uk visa requirements was they said they think my employment was not geniune. My wife has never been to the UK except for a visit in 2006 which they dont have an issue about. The carers route would be me puting myself down as a carer for someone and then applying as then i dont need to meet the £18,600 threshold. Once i have the correct documents for that i would be submitting an application for the UK 3rd time. Would that affect me in anyway as i have been refused twice? Would you suggest to stick to the Ireland route then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are the refusal letters
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please answer my further questions first before rating.Thanks
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.