12826847

I think my Mother has been robbing my benefit money. What

Customer Question

I think my Mother has been robbing my benefit money. What should I do?
Because I have Aspergers Syndrome, my mother applied for disability benefits in my name when I turned 16 (her decision, not mine). I opened my first bank account at the age of 16, and my mother gave me £45 a week (direct debit into my bank account), at the time I believed I was receiving this amount from the Department of Work and Pensions. She gave me extra money when I asked so I didn t really think that there was a problem. She s always kept hold of the forms, and at the time I was ok with it.
The thing is, I ve been at University for the past few years, and over the summer I m staying in my uni town and looking for work. I have a meeting with a temp agency and they require a document with my national insurance number on it.
My mother sent me a P60U document that states "Benefit for current claim = £9,634.44 to Year to 5th April 2015". I confronted my mother about this on the phone earlier today. She is saying that the benefits are what has been paid to date, not the tax year, and I know it s all a bunch of b"llshit, she thinks I m stupid and she won t admit that the document is for the year.
I had a massive argument with her earlier on, and she tried to f"ckin guilt trip me saying "Oh I give you extra money all the time, bla bla bla" and she s now saying "don t call me, text me" just playing the vic***** *****ke she always does.
If she is genuinely pocketing my money, I wanna know what to do. Should I take legal action? This is my life we re talking about.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear the P60 for the tax year shows £9634.44