F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I have been employed years my salary is £24500.00 per annum,

I have been employed for 10 years my salary is £24500.00 per annum, please would you advise what entitlement I can expect. I have been advised that I am going to be made redundant or I can take a part time job at half my salary
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

There is a statutory formula for redundancy payment, which is based upon your salary age and length of service.

You get half a week’s pay for each full year that you were under 22 years of age

plus one week’s pay for each full year you were 22 years of age or older but not yet 41

plus 1 ½ weeks pay for each full year that you were aged 41 or older.

There is a redundancy calculator on the government website here: https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-redundancy-pay

There is a cap of length of service of 20 years which obviously doesn’t apply in your case, and weekly pay £479. The maximum amount of statutory redundancy you can receive is £14,370 but your employer can choose to pay more than that if your employer wishes. If your employer pays more than that, as then the first £30,000 in total is tax-free.

You would not be entitled to redundancy pay if you take up a different job or if you are offered a suitable alternative job which you refused without good reason.

Please don’t forget to rate the service positive. It’s an important part of the process by which experts gets paid.

Best wishes.

FES.

Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Best wishes.

FES.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paid you money this morning if I was to call would I need to pay a further £38.00? also can I call in my lunch hour 1-2 p.m?