12826847

My nam is Veselin Vasilev and I am a private re-taxi

Good Morning. My nam is Veselin Vasilev and I am a private hire-taxi driver(uber) in Bristol. I had an isue vith client. The rider requested me fev nights ago and when I droped nim and his gilfrend to there home he droped his phone in the back seat. I picked one more ckient after him and after i droped the second client i found the phone. After few minutes the phone rang and I answered. Was same client who lost it. I said to him that I am far now and will return the phone later or if he pay me the fee(£20) will return it ASAP. He said that he is happy to pay the fee and want the phone immediately. I went back to his address and showed him the phone. After he see the phone he said that he refused to pay me the fee and said that this is the phone of his gilfrend. I desided to keep the phone and bring it to the office and I said to him. After that he tryed to catch me through the openet window I was scared of his attac and drove away. After work I reported for the lost phone in the office. Next day (Sunday) the pollica came to my house and take the phone and said that I drove over client's thumb. I was surpised and I dont know what to do in situaton like this becouse he hurt himsawes in result of his attack against me. Can you give me adwise please. Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What would you like to know about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What he can do against me. Do I have to worry about somthing and how I can protect myself.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you probably should not underestimate this situation. He has made an allegation and the fact that you do have the phone is very damaging. Even on your account there are offences in demanding £20 in exchange for the return of the phone.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

To be wholly honest, you probably will be charged with something.

Running over his thumb is only going to be charged if he has some evidence of an injury.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You can only raise your defence in the normal way.

There are no real magic wands that remove the situation.

If you can ask a more specific question then I might be able to offer more.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if I drove over his thumb but the police officer said that. But because he attacked me and this is a result of his attack. Can he still pretend something against me. I still don't have any later and do I have to the police or somewhere else to report for this issue
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Oh yes, false allegations are made all the time.

I'm not sure what you mean otherwise?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will go to the nearest police station to report for the attack and in case he claim something they will report to the insurance company. Thanks for the answers.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

They won't take a report from you about this matter.

You are being investigated for the matters arising from his report.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what I have to do then?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Engage with the police and defend the allegation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to wait for letter or to go to the police asap
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your honesty. You help me a lot.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I thought the police had made contact?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they didn't contacted me just took the phone from me on Sunday and said that he may pretend something about his finger and from uber support contacted me and asked about the situation and I understand from them about his though.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I wouldn't do anything then. There is no point encouraging the police to investigate you.

Just do nothing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/