13262538

I was informed by Google I had won £850,000 on their

I was informed by Google I had won £850,000 on their sweepstakes! And basically I haven't got it!
I have the online messages telling me I had one & the winning ticket numbers & etc all the messages I had from the delivery company which are about 20+ & a letter on an email from HM customs as to why my cheque was confiscated. i have a chronic illness making me disabled & this have badly affected my health, I haven't been sleeping & have more pain than usual from anxiety & stress. I can provide you with all the correspondence. Can I do anything about this?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

What money have you sent and to whom?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent a delivery charge of £290 plus I think £24 was added for delivery, I can find the exact amount from my bank statement when it comes through.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent it to ,the DPD company in Cyprusi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DPD courier company in Cyprus
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basically as you can see it's a huge amount and it would have made a huge difference to my life and people might say didn't you realise it was a scam but no because it from Google & DPD couriers both known worldwide.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How did you send the money?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Western union
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I can get that back via the bank, I'm not sure though but it's about my winnings that Coke from Google's sweepstakes and are going to be delivered by DPD courier
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not Coke were!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paperwork on the whole process
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My life could dramatically change with this money being a disabled person but instead it's made me ill, stressed, have anxiety and of course thoughts of doing great things with it
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am so very sorry but you have been the victim of an internet scam - and neither Google nor DPD are in any way involved.

Many of such scams originate from East Africa which is why the money is usually requested to be sent via Western Union.

I do understand why you believed in the emails that you received but sadly there are no funds waiting for you - and it is unlikely that you will be

able to recover the funds that you have lost.

You can report the crime here

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not just things for myself, I want to get my friend out of poverty, make sure my mum never needs to worry about money again ( having 2 disabled daughters, my sister is epileptic and mentally handicapped. Why can't I sue Google for sending this to me & why did I get a legitimate email from HM customs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Surely Google and DPD should take some responsibility as I'm probably not the first person
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it not even be worth taking copies of it all to a solicitor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because I'm very upset and angry not for the money I lost as I knew I was taking a risk but as it says it's from Google sweepstakes and will be delivered by DPD, surely there is something wrong here which can be looked into
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would a solicitor not even look at all the paperwork?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am so very sorry but NONE of the emails your received were from any of the firms you mentioned - nor were HM Customs in any way involved.

The people behind these scams are clever in the way that they copy legitimate websites so that what they are saying looks genuine.

You are certainly not the first person nor will you be the last to be caught in this way - but the real companies are in no way responsible.

The scammer is actually a criminal somewhere most probably in Ghana.

There are many websites which allow you to check the reality of any such "wins" - but sadly the fact is that if something seems too good to be true - it is not true at all