12826847

I bought a car from a large company last August (pre

Customer Question

I bought a car from a large company last August (pre registered only with a few miles on the clock) - the garage made a mistake when registering the vehicle with DVLA - they registered it to another customer. The other customer made the garage branch aware of this on 3 separate occasions and did not sort it out. Only when the other customer went to the Garage HQ last Friday did the company take action and actually contact me. Dues to this administrative error I do not actually (on paper) own the car I am paying for and it has been uninsured dispite the fact that I do pay for insureance as it has not been road taxed as reminders have goe to the other person - I also thought that my car was taxed for a year as part of the purchase which was why I hadn't been looking out for the reminders. The car company have supplied me with an alternative car until the issue of ownership is sorted out with DVLA. Thankfully I did not have an accident during the time I was uninsured but the company left me in the position of being open to procecution. How should I progress?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I have just realised that your questions is Scots based. I will opt out for another expert.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking if you have a defence?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suppose I am and if I should be seeking compensation from the company who have put me in this situation
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

for what specific loss? You do not mention any financial loss above.