12826847

I suffer with -polar disorder. Three weeks ago I became very

Customer Question

I suffer with bi-polar disorder. Three weeks ago I became very distressed as a car park attendant in a store I visited gave me a £60 car parking ticket. He said it was because I had left the premises before I visited the store.
Unfortunately I reacted really badly, and physically attacked him. I should say at this point I am female aged 60 and the attendant was probably about 30 and of a heavy build. He phoned the police, and in the process of the scuffle I fell to the floor, banging my head and neck on some shelves of plants.
While I was lying on the ground the attendant was restraining me by kneeling on me with one knee. I was screaming out in pain but he carried on restraining me for some time.
The police and an ambulance arrived but I was in too much of a state for the ambulance to examine me properly. They left and the policeman was very kind and supportive.
My question really is, does a car park attendant have the right to restrain someone in the way I was restrained? I was lying on the floor, so obviously was no longer a threat to him. It took a long time and bystanders telling him before he released me. I understand that I should not have reacted the way I did. My concern is that he may feel it is OK for him to that people this way.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, he only restrained you after you had attacked him?