12826847

I have lived in private rented accommodation on an estate

Customer Question

I have lived in private rented accommodation on an estate for 3 years. A new landlord bought the estate 6 months ago.
Apart from passin g pleasantries I have only contacted him twice. once when toilet would not flush and recently when the boiler went off and I had no shower/hot water.
I was told the elctrician would come at 6pm the following day. Got home to find my ladder open at elctric box and I assumed electrician had been and was returning to complete work.
No one appeared and I text landlord again. He called me and said he worked all day and didnt have time for texting. I reminded him that I too worked. He became very irate and we exchanged heated words. He told me to consider this a months notice (later increased to 2 mths).
I have chosen another house but I worry that my current landlord will give me a poor reference. Can he do this.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?