chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Currently I am holding Tier 2 General visa and i am in the

Customer Question

Hi, currently I am holding Tier 2 General visa and i am in the process to sign a contract with new employer . I would like to ask what if my current employer terminate me with immediate effect after i hand in my resignation letter?
JA: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I need to give 2 months notice period if i resign and the new employer applying sponsorship licence to sponsor me and will know the result next week. I probably will resign once they have been granted tier 2 sponsorship licence. what i worry about is what is the consequences if my current employer terminate me in effect after i submit my resignation letter.
JA: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Besides, May i know will i be in 60 days cooling period if my company terminate me in effect after i submit my resignation letter and before i submit my new visa application please? If yes, will it affect me to apply for settlement due to i will complete my 5 years period in 2018.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Nicola,I am alright to wait for the correct answer. May I have an approximate time period that I need to wait for the answer please?Thank you for your help.Kind Regards, *****
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. I'm afraid JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time, however most questions are answered in a timely manner.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Nicola,No problem. Thank you for your help.Kind Regards, *****
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 5 months ago.

Have you already handed in your notice?

Is the 2 month notice period also applicable to your employer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Chatham,I haven't hand in my notice and my new employer will know the outcome of sponsorship licence application. I will hand in my notice once new employer get their sponsorship licence.Besides, my contract has mentioned need to give 2 months/minimum 8 weeks notice period.Thank you

If your employer asks you to leave earlier than the two months, they should put you on gardening leave and still pay your salary.

You would also have 28 days in which to switch and submit a new application.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Chatham,Thank you for your answer and I understand this. What I concern about is regarding the event condition of I have resigned and my company make payment in lieu of notice to shorten the notice period. May I know in this event what is the impact of my visa status please?1)Will my visa still under this company sponsorship until notice period that given end?2) if no,will I sit into the 60 days cooling period that mentioned in tier 2 immigration rules and regulations.3)if I have sit into 60 days cooling period,will that affect my permanent residency application in 2018? It is because I am able to apply for settlement after 2018.Thank you for your help.Kind Regards, *****