12826847

Around November 2015, My daughter was arrested to supply

Customer Question

Around November 2015, My daughter was arrested for intent to supply class A drugs after her partner died in prison after swallowing a package of drugs the evening after she had visited him, despite her being thoroughly searched when entering the prison. She was kept in custody together with being questioned for around 8 hours upon which she was released on unconditional police bail and told to attend the local police station where the prison is located on the 25th January 2016 to be re-bailed or released from bail.
The night before she was due to attend, the duty solicitor who had dealt with her on the day rang to say that she was not to attend and to get on with her life and the police would further speak to her if required?
Today, 6 months on, She has called me to say that the duty solicitor has called her to say the police will be getting touch to issue her with a summons to attend magistrates court in the town where the prison is located, some 40 miles away and it may then go onto crown court.
I'm very puzzled by the way this is being handled? I have never been through the legal system personally but I do like to watch the likes of "24 hours in police custody etc" and being a layman, there seems to be a part of the process missing?
She is adamant that she did not smuggle anything into the prison and adamant she was not charged with the alleged offence and the only piece of paper handed to her was the bail notice with the until date.
Please could you point me in the direction I need to go with this and which type of Lawyer I should choose?
Many thanks for your time.
Mick H
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mick my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you would like to know about this please?