75100385

Our neighbours have installed goal Posts in their garden

Our neighbours have installed goal
Posts in their garden next to the party fence. Footballs come over regularly and sometimes damage our plants. Is there anything we can do? We have tried asking neighbour to resolve but no success
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Why wont they stop or reduce this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have sons who play a lot of football and have put a synthetic grass down to enable them to do this. They did put up a barrier net behind the goal but this is not working. They recently purchased larger goal posts and this has made situation worse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My e mail in case we get cut off is***@******.***
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. You can complain to the Council as this could be a statutory nuisance. This means they could investigate and prosecute if necessary.

Or you can seek an injunction to limit or stop them kicking the ball over. You would need to complete forms N1:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n001-eng.pdf

N16a:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n016a-eng.pdf

The Court would list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make an order limiting/preventing them. If the Court does and they breach it, this could be contempt of Court which they could be warned, fined or sent to prison.

You may first wish to get a Solicitor to write and ask them to stop, this may also work.

ALex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you send this response to my e-mail address please***@******.***
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Once you rate you can come back to the question at any time as it will be held in your account or you can copy and paste it.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex