Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have lived with my partner years 9 months he owns the

I have lived with my partner for 2 years 9 months he owns the house but I pay for 95% of the bills and I pay half the mortage & I buy all the food, after a few words last week without any notice he told me I couldn't live there any more and find somewhere else to live. All my furniture is still in the house which I want to remove this weekend do I have to give him notice to be able to remove my property or can I just turn up Saturday. (I have known him to damage property that belonged to his ex wife so this concerns me)
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you married to each other?

-Are there any formal agreements in place regarding your contributions?

-Is there a deed of trust in place?

-Do you have children together, if so how old and what are thr proposed arrangements for them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No to all the questions When we moved in together he had £8,000 to pay off money owing to his wife for the house, than after 12 months he said it was my rent for 12 months I have 2 loans and credit card debts which are in my name but he's had the money. My main concern is my furniture that is in the house which I need to move into my own rented propery
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you - is all the property in the home that you wish to remove sole yours (ie. you alone paid for it?)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its items I brought with me when I moved in ie bed 3 piece suite, TV ect I don't want anything that's not mine and we have bought any items together.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming. I would suggest that you formally write to him and request a mutually convenient time to attend the property to collect your belongings and suggest that you both bring an independent third party to assist/witness (in case there are any incidents). He has no right to keep your property and if there is continuous refusal to allow retrieval of your items then you should pursue an application to court using form N1 and a £355 court fee to your local county court.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.