75100385

I am a US citizen, but spend the summers in the Cotswolds of

I am a US citizen, but spend the summers in the Cotswolds of UK. I entered this year on May 1st and am scheduled to leave Oct. 1st. My mother has had an accident and I may need to fly home within this month. Because I have a rental flat, I would like to go home and then fly back after a few weeks to take my original flight home in Oct. Will I have any problem coming back into the UK? I know that if you are in the UK for 6 months, you cannot return for another 6 months. Does that apply to less than 6 months. I am not here on business, just pleasure and do not have a visa. Marilyn Honea
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can wait a bit longer. thanx
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Marilyn my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

The Border Control will want to make sure you are a genuine tourist. Therefore if you can show that you have stayed for previous years and that evidence your mum is ill, there should be no issue.

The test is just are you a genuine tourist and if so, do you intend to return home at the end of your stay.

If you satisfy that test it is not an issue.

The 6 month rule does not apply for less than 6 months, but of course if you come over and keep going back and forth that may raise an issue.

Once will be fine, maybe even twice.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience