Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Thanks previous answers you gave me. I have two more

Hi Harris,Thanks for the previous answers you gave me.
I have two more questions relating to the same matter.
If my ex husband pays off the mortgage which we are both named on, will my name remain on the deeds?
If he pays off the mortgage can I force a sale of the property?Many thanks *****
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your further question.

Despite him paying the mortgage solely, your name will remain on the title of the property unless there has been a formal transfer.

Furthermore, as part of the divorce and financial relief proceedings you can still pursue a sale of the property to force a sale even though he is solely paying the mortgage.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.