31090051

We have a Purchase Order to supply Satellite equipment from

Customer Question

We have a Purchase Order to supply Satellite equipment from EU which was priced pre-Brexit, and customer has paid 25% advance. However since Brexit the exchange rate has dropped by 10%. Can we renegotiate a new price for remaining 75%?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately you can't unless the contract allows you to do so in the event of an unforeseen exchange rate change. Having worked for clients involved in EU commerce for many years, the exchange rate is always a risk factor but rarely do contracts provide for it. I doubt yours is any different and you can't change the price under the contract. You can renovate the price but you would need the agreement of the other party. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for quick response.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Don't forget to leave a positive feedback on the system so that I am credited for my time.

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Please leave a positive response on the system so that I am credited for my time.