12826847

I ordered a sofa in shop and paid by debit card it was a

Customer Question

I ordered a sofa in shop and paid by debit card it was a Saturday and as it was going to be made measure it was being ordered on the Monday. I was not sure about the colour and took a swatch. As they informed me the coloured looked different under their lighting
When I got home it was wrong was stupid of me to pay before checking but I emailed as soon as i got home and asked them to cancel the order before they placed with their supplier and then rang on the Sunday morning and confirmed. Its been 3 weeks and no refund and now they are stating i have to wait 45 days and they may charge for cancellation. Is this within consumer law. no mention on the order only that I could not cancel after production commenced
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.

Have they confirmed production had commenced?

Is this a bespoke item of furniture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was bespoke and it was not ordered from there suppliers in asia

Is the company based in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In response to your question yes it was purchased in the UK in addition it was cancelled within 5 hours of placing the order and it had not been ordered from there supplier in AsiaRegards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear solicitorI am cancelling this and asking for a refund I have been trying to get an answer 6th July this is long enough unless you can answer my question todayRegards Marian