75100385

I live and own a ground floor flat which I moved into about

Customer Question

I live and own a ground floor flat which I moved into about 20 months ago. In February this year and new family moved into the rental property next door. My life has been hell since. The family have 2 autistic children and the noise and banging is appalling. I have tried to speak to the family and they know exactly what this is doing to me. I managed to get the name and address of the owners off Land Registry. They are not prepared to do anything and will not end the family's contract early as they are afraid of being accused of discrimination. She has said she won't renew their contract beyond Feb 2018. I have asked her to provide some noise insulation but she isn't prepared to spend any money. Her suggestion was that I should move. I have been in very poor health and this is bringing me to the verge of a breakdown. Is there nothing to be done and do I have no rights in this situation? Regards Corinn ********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Corinn my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Is it private landlord or Council?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex it is a private landlord
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - you should report this to the Council. They can install noise monitoring equipment at your property and then see what the noise is and level.

If it breaches guidelines then they can give them a noise abatement order. But this helps you because its not you bringing the action, its the Council.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The council have said that this issue isn't covered by their excessive noise policy. They said to report it to the anti social behaviour team which is also not covered by their policy.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You can take out a private complaint at the magistrates court. But you will need evidence.

Start keeping a diary of when it happens, but you can go to court for it.

Does that clairfy? Alex

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/