75100385

I am a defendant in a Civil Case (about money) and have

Customer Question

I am a defendant in a Civil Case (about money) and have decided, for reasons of costs, to become a self litigant. Various timings and matters have been published by the Court and the case base been assigned to the Multi track system, with a trial date set for early February in the London County Court.
I have requested for additional time to serve witness statements, as I have only just taken this over myself.
Can you please advise me if I have a right to know who the other side will call as witnesses as I want a particular witness from their side to come to court so I can question him? If so, do I do this through the Court or directly to the other side's solicitors?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

When is the date or exchange and will the other side consent to an extension?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Will the other side be serving a statement from the witness you want to question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The exchange for witness statements was to be 1st July. The other side's solicitors emailed me on 30th June and asked for a week's extension. I said OK but how about a 2-3 month extension to give me more time. They then said they would get back to me. I got the impression they were either taking advice from their client or asking the Court.
I do not know if they are serving a statement from the witness I want to question, that's what I want to know
Do you need a phone number for this "live discussion" I have just paid for?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a number we can chat on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
01256 381299
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Alex