propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

What is the value placed on a freehold title when

Customer Question

What is the value placed on a freehold title when transferred to a management company (limited company) for CGT and stamp duty purposes. The property consist of two flats with a 999 year lease on each. The leases are held jointly by husband and wife but are not being transferred to the limited company. The husband and wife are the sole directors of the management company.The solicitor says that the freehold title has no value so we place a £1 nominal value on it, as the value is all in the leases.Thank youMartin
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, didn't mean to respond to this.

Opting out for others.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Nicola,Yes, I am happy to wait.Thank youMartin
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

This is fairly routine. In situations such as this or in new developments when common parts are transferred to a management company of which the property owners will be shareholders the land is transferred for a nominal sum, £1.

Any further questions or queries?

Happy to help further.

Can I ask you to accept / positive rate my reply so that I receive credit for helping you.