12826847

A Bungalow has been converted into a Chalet Bungalow at the

Customer Question

A Bungalow has been converted into a Chalet Bungalow at the end of our garden .The frontage facing us is constructed of glass-thus we can see, into a bedroom and another room which contains a very large TV set. This impinges on our privacy. During the construction I complained to our local council. They said that I could complain again once the building was completed. this I have done but to no avail. I was told that I had not received a chance to object during the planning stage as we do not share a border. The first
we knew about it was when building was under way. I would welcome your comments. Dr,Donald ******
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

Dear Dr Munro

I am afraid that the council fobbed you off.

There is no right to privacy in the UK in the sense of a right not to be overlooked.

The reason is that we are a small island and such a right would not be either practical or enforceable.

I apologise for being the bearer of bad news

Best wishes

Michael