12826847

If you agree to meet a woman and give her money, and then

Customer Question

If you agree to meet a woman and give her money for sex, and then find out her husband was the one offering her out and the police investigate, what could you be charged with if you didn't know it was her husband offering her till after you had met with the woman
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

How was the agreement reached?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was an add on craigslits, claiming to be from her with nude photos offering to meet for a reward. I answer add asking what serices and what the reward would be. I received an email from her offering full sex ata rate per hour. I agreed rate and duration. We met n hotel na dhad intimacy and then i gave her the agreed amount. Since then I have fo9und out it was her husband who was offering her and it was her husband who was replying to emails
Due to domestic vioence, the police are now investigating and I am wondering what charges could be brought against me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I had know it was her husband who was offering her, i would not have met her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a medical conditon affecting my sexual performance, I only did it to see if it was me or my realtionship with wife
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, how did you find this person?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
personal add on craigslist, add contained images of her and was signed with her name
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

what do you mean by craiglist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a web site for personal adds - people seeking other people
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
www.craigslist.com, i think
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i googled, women seeking men in my location and craiglist peronal came back in search and the add was on there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any view?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

It is quite difficult to tell whether what you did amounts to an offence really.

It is not illegal to pay for sex in the UK. The offences lie in the surrounding circumstances.

That said, it does sound as though they committed an offence as well.

I don't know whether they are saying she was unwilling and so was being controlled by her husband. That would fit with the allegations of domestic violence. If she was being held prisoner or otherwise unwilling then you would have committed an offence.

They do have to prove that though which is harder to do especially if she is reluctant.