Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have an outstanding loan in UAE and have become sick and

I have an outstanding loan in UAE and have become sick and am no longer able to work and pay the loan,can they come after my assets here in uk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also have been approached by email from a company called coulee white Devine telling me they will take me to court if not paid in 21 days,can they do this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Coyle white Devine not couled
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Have they provided any evidence on how the loan has arisen? Have they said they have purchased the debt? Do you have any assets in the UK? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the minute they are just saying they are acting on behalf of the bank,and no they havnt provided any evidence yet as how the loan has arisen but I'm sure I signed documents,yes I do have assets in the uk,should I contact this coyle white Devine or what is the best way for me to move forward assuming they do have evidence.Regards Paul
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you. I would contact them and say the following:

- Say that it is a criminal offence to unlawfully harass someone for debt under S.40 Administration of Justice Act 1970;

- Say that they have provide no evidence of the debt or that it is even enforceable in the UK;

- Say you are in no position to consider anything they say when they have clearly made no effort to substantiate their claims;

- Say if they contact you again with such spurios claims you reserve the right to report them to the SRA.

If they sue you in the UK, you will have to respond and defend the claim. Ultimately it is their client's prerogative to bring such a claim.

Kind regards AJ